This morning Chemung County Executive Chris Moss released a copy of his proposed budget for 2020.
The Chemung County Legislature will hold its first budget workshop tonight (November 12th) immediately following the Legislature’s November meeting.
A copy of the proposed budget is embedded at the end of this post. If you have any questions or concerns you would like me to attempt to answer or raise in our workshops, please leave a comment to this post or on Facebook, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is an outline of the important dates in the 2020 budget process. All meetings and workshops will be held on the Hazlett Building’s fifth floor. They are open to the public and will be live-streamed to the Chemung County Matters Facebook page.
- Tuesday, November 12th: Budget Workshop immediately following the full Legislature meeting. The Legislature meeting begins at 7:00.
- Wednesday, November 13th: Budget Workshop at 7:00.
- Monday, November 18th: Public Hearing on the budget followed immediately by a Budget Workshop. The Public Hearing begins at 7:00.
- Monday, November 25th: Legislative Standing Committee meetings followed immediately by a Special Budget meeting. The Standing Committee meetings begin at 7:00. The report from the legislature to County Executive Moss is due on this date.
- December 7th: The date by which the charter requires the legislature to vote on the budget.
- December 9th: The date by which the charter requires the county executive to veto the budget passed by the legislature.
This is the proposed budget: